lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
I just adjusted my LED's up by two full turns of the adjustment screw on the headlight. The light projection is much improved! I am not blinding anyone but I can see so much more. The adjustment is very easy. There is a white allen screw on the top of each headlight. You turn the screw clockwise to raise it (I think, confirm on a wall). Just adjust both the same amount and you should be good.
i have been waiting to know how to adjust the LEDs.

I had done the adjustment on all my HID cars before.

But since F3X LED uses all 4 headlights, do i have to adjust all 4 low beams individually? or just 1 adjustment on each side will adjust all 4?
The inner and outer chambers (2 per headlamp assembly) sit on a "chassis". The chassis is moved/adjusted for up/down vertical changes. The outer chamber is the only one that moves horizontally.

The alignments can be a bit odd depending on any coding has been done as this changes the beam pattern, the alignment reference point, Null Stop (Zero Point), and the the left/right electronic soft stop points.

Each vehicle has a standard vertical value in PERCENTAGE DOWN from the alignment reference point on the headlamp assembly and the height at the measurement distance is calculated using this. 10m can be the distance but BMW suggest 25m for LED vertical aiming to achieve optimal results with the exception of Selective Beam alignment which is best at 6m-9m.
Appreciate 0