01-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #9
ssstraub
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 REx

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
New mustang and camaro interiors were same ole crap plastic and door rattles i noticed

The new IS350 also had cheap (faded looking) black plastic console. Highly disappointed especially when the instrumentation cluster is KILLER.

What exactly did you notice?
The Mustangs were locked but from the window I thought it at least looked better than the prior gen (low bar to beat). It was hard to tell the quality from looking through the window. I thought the F150 looked nice in/out too though that was also locked.

I noticed the Chevys had some wobble to the door liner when you would close the door. I think 3 separate cars had that: Camaro, SS (why does this car exist?), and sadly even the Corvette Stingray. Though the Corvette interior was majorly improved since last gen.

I also had a good chuckle at the Corolla's dollar store quality digital clock complete with H/M/SS buttons on it. I'll never understand why they do this. Yes, ok have a dedicated clock but why such a cheap looking POS? Couldn't be a stronger contrast between that and the nav screen right below it!

I didn't check out any other Toyotas--Had to leave that display quickly so as not to fall asleep.

I liked the new Honda Accord quite a bit as far as the quality of the interior. I find their layouts can be somewhat questionable but IMO the quality is high.

The Tesla Model S I thought was well put together, if spartan, though there's nothing wrong with it being spartan since most the functions are in that massive display.

I'm always a bit disappointed in the sea of hard plastics in the VW interiors even on top trims because I tend to like their cars otherwise and the new GTI sadly doesn't improve anything there. It's too bad because I like their interior designs.

I've never really liked any Lexus interior. Maybe the GS at one point because it was like a living room on wheels. I don't know about the quality specifically--I can't get past the design on most of them enough to care. For some reason they make really high tech looking instruments then throw a puke green radio and/or climate display in there like no one will notice. I think that may be the minority case these days but even without that the designs are just not my taste.

Last edited by ssstraub; 01-22-2014 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0