View Single Post
      12-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #13
mfourn20
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantdieselx View Post
In RI and we have the worst roads in the country (seriously someone did a study). I have a 13' 328i x-drive w/o adaptive suspension, stock dampers, stock springs on on the OEM Conti 18" RFT's.

I've had my car 2 1/2 years and in that time I've been through 5 wheels and 4 tires. I literally had a collection of bent/damaged wheels in my shed. The point is with crappy roads no matter what you drive you are going to have problems.

Will you have less with a softer suspension and higher profile tires? Probably but its not a guarantee. BMW wheels can be a bit prone to bending. On my E92 I had 19" Alufelgen wheels with Conti DWS tires and the ride was better than the stock 17" wheels with Cont RFT's.

I can't wait until I can order my M235i (March/April 16') and I envy you guys that drive them. I went from a 135i to an E92 to my current F30 (there was a GTI in there as well) and I've been waiting 2 1/2+ years to get back into something more sporty like the M235i.
Isn't that the truth...I don't drive a road quickly here unless I know it...this winter is going to be real bad. They hardly "fixed" what got destroyed last winter...
Appreciate 0