Thread: M2 v Cayman GT4
View Single Post
      11-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #11
sdpauly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, 2008 Taco

The Alfa certainly has the rarity factor, no doubt.

I have a couple friends with a Lotus Elise, and I have had an opportunity to go for a ride. Very spartan on the inside, pure, raw, no-compromise, track toy. On the track they are very capable cars. On the regular road in daily situations, they can be pretty rough and abrasive...

I agree the 4C sits kind of in the middle, it's just an unknown for me.

I already have a daily driver, and will continue to drive my Tacoma until the wheels fall off. So my consideration of the M2 or Cayman or Alfa is purely for a weekend toy, road trips, date night, garage queen duties, etc...

So, in that regard I do not need a car that is practical for everyday use, but at the same time, I want it to be comfortable and have some luxury to it. The Porsche really seems to fit that bill nicely.

I love my E82, it's a fantastic car, fast, nimble, etc... But I don't really need a backseat, and after seeing more and more 2-series on the road, and observing how much wider and longer they are to the 1-series, it's making me reconsider. I think I want something that's just a bit more 'special'