View Single Post
      04-29-2016, 07:29 PM   #1
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235ix

Dinmann Carbon Fiber Diffuser thread DIY and discussion

Hey all! I recently placed an order with Dinmann for what is IMO the most aggressive and best looking diffuser for the M235i on the market. Dinmann is now a sponsor on the forums. There are a couple threads here with limited discussion on this diffuser that everyone seems to want and not know much about. I'll try and help clear the air on it.

First off it arrived packaged very well and the shipping time was very fast. These are hand made on order so their is a week or so wait for the product. I see a lot of people are put off by the price. These diffusers are hand made in the USA and the work is phenomenal. The finished product is amazing and I love the look of it. It is well worth the price IMO. There is a limited deal I believe for the first 5 to order here on his thread below.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...hlight=dinmann

The installation is pretty simple and easy. I followed the MP Diffuser DIY for the installation. I luckily have a buddy that has a shop and was able to get it done on his lift which makes it a lot easier. It can be done without obliviously.
Here is the link below! Just remove 6 bolts and a push rivet easily taken off with a screwdriver below the stock diffuser and pull the clips out left to right. Its off.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...iy+mp+diffuser

Once its off the Dinmann can be put on. You will need to drill 4 holes on the bottom of the diffuser and its pretty easy. Once that's done, Snap the diffuser on with the clips and fits in nicely. It wont fit as flush as the OEM, but it fits well. Drill in 2 bolts and the two rivets snap in and you're done!

I still have the stock exhaust and tips and will be eventually upgrading. I may extend the tips out in the meantime. It sits fairly well stock. It will definitely look even better with extended tips / new exhaust. I am very happy with the look of this diffuser and the quality of the finish and the aggressive look. It glistens in the sun with the Carbon Fiber. Its worth the cost for me. Here are a few pics of the diffuser on my alpine white M235i that needs a spoiler now.

Last edited by M235iguy; 04-29-2016 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 1