10-03-2014, 01:20 AM   #4
lazyrhino
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
What exactly is the 'sun protection package'? Why would you need this in the UK? I lived in Portland, Oregon and always thought the UK had similar gray and rainy climate. Never had the pleasure of going over there so forgive me if I am mistaken:-)
The Sun Protection package consists of a Grey Shade band across the windscreen, and mildly tinted glass in the rear windows to try and reduce glare for rear passengers in direct sunlight.
Generally speaking, our climates are similar yes, but when it's Sunny over here, the light is often very direct (believe it or not, I've got more sunburnt on one day at the beach in the UK than anywhere I've ever been abroad), so the package can be very useful for helping with light glare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698 View Post
Collinite 845. Very durable and very easy to apply / clear. Found it on a few UK sites, so I know its available.

For depth, I hear good things about Dodo products. I would look for forums like autotopia and the like to get ideas of what is available locally.

Myself - I prefer Chemical Guys, Adam's VRT (I don't use his polishes, but VRT rocks), 1Z Einszett (all of it), and Meguiars is always safe.
Thanks for that advice on polishes, waxes etc., will definitely look into those. I've always sworn by Autoglym products, but never used them on such a bright red.

Last edited by lazyrhino; 10-03-2014 at 02:53 AM..
Appreciate 0