View Single Post
      06-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #22
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Yeah I know what is marketing, and quite hate it as it slows down true growth Ferrari is not expanding their brand. They have the Ferrari California and that is it. As a marketing guy would you think that with the new California T making 560 PS and the next "F380" flirting with 700 PS, there isn't place for a 450-500 PS V6 Ferrari "Dino"? Don't you as a marketing guy think Ferrari having a 4WD luxury and spacy GT, the FF, should build a luxury SUV not to leave out this market to its rivals, Bentley and Lamborghini?
Your knowledge of Ferrari, Bentley, Lamborghini is quite impressive. I won't even pretend to match such brilliance. That is great talent that should not go to waste. With your great experience you should be a consultant to the luxury brands, and with your riches, go out and buy an Alpha Romeo.

You are confusing product strategy vs. product development vs. product marketing. Three distinct disciplines. By the way, this brand expansion that I spoke to, in terms of expanding the reach of their customer profile, is also known as segmentation. To answer your question I think Ferrari knows what their strengths are and I don't think Ferrari is in that business; doesn't mean they can't still slice and dice by market segment to gain greater share. They don't need to be in every sand box just as long as they are diverse enough in those they do play in.
Appreciate 0