06-25-2016, 02:27 PM   #16
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
congrats. i'll be looking forward to your dyno numbers. what's next? exhaust? intake?
The speed shop I went to convinced me to get a cold air intake - and it was a tough sell. I am VERY VERY skeptical of the supposed benefit of a CAI, and I put up quite a fight, citing numerous engineering studies & youtube vids that clearly show before/after dyno runs with no to minimal gains. And the sell has to be more than "you can really hear your turbo spool!"

So, they gave me a decent price on the AFE Magnum Stage 2 Pro 5 (the one with the open, oiled element). I really don't like those, having had one on my 350Z way back when... royal pain in the tookus.

But they swore up & down that there are gain, albeit minimal. But they claim the real benefit to a turbo is that they reduce lag/turbo spools quicker. We shall see because I barely notice lag with this car as it is... I felt the $319 price tag was worth a shot.

They also recommended an intercooler, but sadly the Dinan (which they had in stock) won't fit cars with the cruise control. And, I've spent enough money this year on stuff. So if I do an intercooler, it's next year. They have time to find something that might fit behind the bumper.

2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0