04-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #55
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCredibleM View Post
@Chunner: Do you know how the intakes work in these cars? If you think the stock "grill scoop" is removed then you are greatly misinformed. Let me paint you a visual picture:

The stock airbox gets the cold air from a scoop connected to the grill which connects to the bottom of the box. This scoop still exists with the aFe intake and shoots the "colder" air directly at the cone which has its own heat shield to protect from the engine heat. So yes, is cool air in the engine bay, especially when you are moving at speed. I doubt the extra horsepower gain is from a stationary car and more from the cone is able to collect more air for the turbo from the increased surface area and extra "space" which was before limited by the stock box. This is advantageous for higher boost as the turbo needs to collect more air and is shown to be limited by the stock box. If these didn't work, then there would be no dyno proof (for any intake) of it working on turbo vehicles.... ...
JustinCredibleM, stop this nonsense. Nobody is singling you out. I am not flaming you. Simply, pointing the obvious to you. In order for the OEM air intake to work correctly it must be sealed. Positive pressure is created in front of that scoop. Vacum is created by your engine. Cold air then travels into your OEM intake pipe. Then into the engine. When you break the seal, no cold air gets shot in. All you do is suck hot air. I really do not know how simpler to put it. If you choose to be ignorant. Go ahead. I was just trying to educate you. That is what these forums are all about.

Have fun sucking up all that hot air.

PS: That video I posted was awesome. I did not make it.

CHEERS!
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0