View Single Post
      04-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #200
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

I know 3 people who own m2s and 2 that own m4s and 1 that owns an m5. I asked them all why they bought the car they have. The three people that own the m2 are all female and they bought it because they wanted a higher end car like a bwm or Mercedes. The females wanted a smaller car because they perceive it to be easier to drive and park. The m4 and m3 owners are male and they feel the same about brand status as the females but they think that bigger is better thus they would never go for an m2. And i asked them why they chose m cars and it's because they thought it was the fully loaded highest trim model available. They thought it was just on the other side of the spectrum of getting a base model. They have no idea what the m stands for and they certainly don't have a clue what engine is in their car. I wonder if this says something about how the general public feels about the m designation. We on this forum walk into a dealership and ask if they have an allocation. I think the general public (the kind that can afford m models) walk into a dealership and buy what is on the showroom floor.
Appreciate 4