12-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #102
tommy
Benz Interloper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 Benz C230, 1990 CRX ZcSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
Yes, they run around 30k thats 15k left for another car...i really dont care for all the techy gadgets anymore and its less problem down the road without it. Plus the older "real" M cars are all Inline 6 without the HPFP problems....dont get me wrong i still love this car, just not worth it as of now

Also someone mention the CLA AMG which could be a better deal.its alittle more money but there're 4 doors and awd....not everyone here likes that car but its going to steal alot of sales from bmw
Well, that's $15k for another car AND a self-generated "warranty". You really have to schedule in some repair and maintenance $$ to make it a semi-real comparison, especially considering how beat on most cars would be that you'd be looking at.

As far as the CLA - sit in the rear seat; if you're over 5' 7", you won't really care about those rear doors much, except for having an easier way to throw your gym bag in the car. And don't forget the lack of aftermarket stuff on Benzes as a whole. It can be very frustrating.
Appreciate 0