View Single Post
      10-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #13
ConstantMotion
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i

Virgo Leader Now in Port Hueneme

The VL is now moored near the Vehicle Preparation Center!

Vehicles should be off loaded today. Our European Delivery cars are probably going to get an extra look from Customs and Border Protection. All other cars are usually cleared electronically.

This is rumor...that all cars that were ordered for specific customers and ED cars are processed first as the VPC know those customers are waiting.

When cleared, vehicles will be driven a short distance to the VPC for washing and removal of shipping aids. Then a through inspections for damage, defects and blemishes which will be corrected on site. Then installation of further options not installed in Germany as well as software downloads for navi, etc.

Hard to know how many cars are coming off. Minis and maybe a Rolls or two. I'd be guessing to say 2,500? I've read this is the highest volume VPC BMW has. It should be able to process through 350 vehicles per day. I'd say anywhere from 5-14 days until they all hit the dealers depending if there was any backlog from the previous ship.

We just don't know where all of ours will fall in line based on the tasks at the VPC that need to be done, possible repairs and dispatch for trucking to dealers, etc.

Call your Client Advisers at the dealers and ask them the time until delivery. Tell them you know the ship is here.
Appreciate 0