10-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhumr View Post
wow, this really shows the impact of how lucky or unlucky with regards to scheduling.

I did european delivery and dropped the car off at the Welt on 9/27. I am assuming it didn't get picked up till 9/29 at the earliest. As of today 10/8, it is still sitting in bremmerhaven I think the next ship leaves 10/9 and gets to port 10/24.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issaacrumel01 View Post
It is so true. I have seen folks getting their cars five weeks after ordering and as long as 5 months. Luck of the draw. I got caught up in the August vacations I assume which led to the delay. Figure I am closer to driving it than I was before so another month or so won't kill me.

It is so hard to estimate these things. I went in on Saturday Aug 16 test drove and ordered. A few days later I got my production number my car did not start production until September 1. Production took about a week or so, it went onto the ship on 9/26 (I just looked) just called BMWNA right now and as of 10/8 my car is in New Jersey in the processing center going over inspections and such.

As of tomorrow (if all is good) it should be loaded on a truck and on its way to my dealer where I hope to take it by Monday the latestest but again who knows. I've read people waiting weeks for their car once it arrives but I am luckily on Long Island and the port is not even an hour and a half away and several ships arrived close so the truck will be able to make pick up.
Appreciate 0