View Single Post
      05-04-2015, 05:11 PM   #12
2yo
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 228i xDrive

So, I don't own an m235i, I own a 228i. I can attest to how great of a car the 2 series is, however, at a lower power level than the 235. As a 24 year old who was just able to buy his very first car (the same 228), I've always lusted after the c63. The sound, the looks, the engine, and the all out insane nature of what it is always made me drool.

That being said, as I live in northern new jersey and we get snow from November to March, bonkers power and rear wheel drive was not something I was comfortable using as a year round, only car, daily driver (plus the insurance on that thing for a male my age, eek). I chose the 2 series because I was able to get it in xdrive and it gave me a sporty, fun, light, driver's car that I could use year round. It ticked all the boxes for me in one shot.

If I had the money, was a little older (darn you insurance companies), and could swing two cars, you bet I would have got a c63 for the summer and something less nuts for the winter.....but I can't. So I went the middle ground and have had a blast in the little over a month I've had my 2 with zero regrets.

Think long and hard about your Canadian weather and road conditions. Are two cars feasible for you? If so, I think you have your answer (I would totally get a 2nd summer car and keep the tsx for winter, it's my final answer). If not, it might serve you best to comfortably sit in that middle ground that the 235i represents. You will not be sorry either way. Keep us posted on your decision!
Appreciate 0