View Single Post
      08-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #116
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
What..?
You are mad, if you think the 2-series M2 will be lighter than the 1-series 1M..!

BMW has not given ANY indication that the M2 will even be a real M-car, or offer such focus.. There is no way BMW will peal off 200lbs from the M235i... which is now as heavy as a Mustang.

I am not impressed, nor I am faithful that BMW will make the M2 a quintessential car. It will be pure marketing.. as we have not seen any M2's with CF bits.. which is a must for anyone paying BMW M's premium.

Secondly, BMW better think long & hard of all the people in waiting for this M2... which are MANY. I am pounding on my 135is in hopes of ordering a M2.. but zero CF, or other quint stuff, then I will easily flip my cash towards Fords and get that GT350 for the same price.

Not as uppity, but I know that won't have BMW nannies, & will have way more potential on the track...
Well, we already know the M2 is not a true M car. Like the 1M, the M2 will be another parts bin car - M3/4 suspension, brakes, differential and the slightly tuned outgoing N55 engine.

I can always hope!

P.S. Here is my old 1M(sold but still in my possession) with CF roof(I think it was about 10 lbs lighter) and BBS FI(~7 lbs lighter at each corner) wheels.
Attached Images

Last edited by HP Autosport; 08-22-2014 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0