View Single Post
      06-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #711
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExZHP View Post
Got my '14 228i MSport just 2 weeks ago as a replacement for my beloved '05 330ci ZHP, so the inevitable comparisons keeps kicking in. So far -

Dislike:

1. Poor side visibility due to tinted rear windows and A-pillars. Seriously, I have to turn and twist my head before every lane change.
2. Tiny petrol tank coupled with fuel gauge starting to ring at 50 miles left.
3. My red Dakota leather seats look great, but don't feel too high quality. The grain just feels cheap.
4. Can't un-dim auto-dimming mirror. In combo with tinted rear window, night rear visibility is really poor.
5. Can't play music from my iPhone through bluetooth or USB cable as I didn't get the tech package.
6. Turbo lag with auto. Bear in mind, this is my first automatic car in 20 years of driving, so it's a transition.
7. Garment hooks in the back are so tiny they're unusable.
8. Ergonomics of the door - I feel like the main handle is way too far in the front.

Like:

1. Value of the car. Got it as a lease return for a steal at only 7.5K miles.
2. Even with the turbo lag, it accelerates better than my old straight-6 ZHP.
3. Handles fantastically, even on most windy roads I've taken it so far.
4. MPG. I get around 22.5 city/highway combined, and I drive mostly in sport and have the auto-shutoff turned off. In my old ZHP, I was lucky to get 17. Of course, frequency of refills is about the same due to the small tank in 228i.
5. Hi-fi speakers are surprisingly not terrible, although I'l be upgrading them soon.
6. Blue tooth for the phone calls. I know, it's basic on cars now, but my old one didn't do it.
7. The general look of the car. It's not like anything else on the road out there, and it's a worthy transition from my ZHP, even if it's a tad smaller.
8. Did I say value??
Not sure how you can blame the 2 Series for windows that were apparently tinted by the previous owner. Why not get the tint removed? Factory light transmittance is around 72% on these windows, which is industry standard.