07-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #18
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat-Dad View Post
Awesome job, and beautiful pooch. I was actually going to make a thread asking about getting large dogs into the back seats, but it looks like it's possible. I'm looking at getting a 2 series and this is a (potential) major roadblock for me (actually the wife, not me), as I have a 100lbs+ mutt, and she isn't bursting with energy.

How much space would you say there is between the door frame and seat after sliding it forward? My dog isn't wild about jumping over things, so ideally there's a decent amount of room for her to step into the footwell, then jump up onto the backseat.
The car sits low enough to the ground that Apollo almost walks in. He will jump in if he's particularly excited about going for a ride.

I put the front seat all of the way forward; I'd say only a young child could sit in there comfortably, maybe also an adult of smaller build/stature.

That said, I really don't need to do that. He doesn't really use the extra space, preferring to lie down across the bench. If he curls up to sleep, maybe only his head goes into the footwell area (which is loaded with folded pillows to make a raised surface).

I would think a pretty good sized dog could fit in the back. Not a Great Dane, perhaps, but I'd say a dog up to 120 lbs could easily fit & be comfortable, if it's used to riding in cars & prefers to lie down & sleep.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0