View Single Post
      10-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #17
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
I'd be looking at the 228i, the price of the 235i with options will be too expensive.

But I have to say, that beige one really isn't doing it for me. The red 235i looks promising, but that beige 220/228 looks like a poor attempt at making the current 1 series into a 4 series.

The 1 series is small, short, and pugnacious - the car is styled for its size.

The 4 series is that long, wide, low, well proportioned coupe - the car is styled for its size.

The 2 series looks to be an attempt to cram 4 series styling into a 1 series size, and I don't think it works. It just ends up looking like a disproportionate, tall 4 series. I would like to see the headlights connect with the kidneys, the car does look a little dated already.

I'm sure that like many cars seeing it in person will change my mind, and I think we can all look at the beige one as a "worst case" scenario with its color and hideous wheels and lack of M-sport (though it looks to be a modern line and I usually like the chrome bits), so hopefully when we see them optioned differently and in different colors, they will look great. Otherwise for the first time in my life I may choose a sedan (320i) over a coupe.
Maybe 228i will available with M-sport package like the current 128i.

Without the M-sport body kits just about any BMW is a no go.
Appreciate 0