clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
I am a bit confused, so there is going to be a "M Performance option" in a M235i? aren't you already paying for the M Brand name?

anyway, the M235i is supposed to have 320 hp standard, so what is the performance kit going to make it? 335hp? 340hp? plus the LSD.

if that is true, then there really is no room for a M2, the M3/M4 will only have 415 HP, BMW isn't going to want a lighter weight M2 with say 375-380 hp to perform better than the higher priced M3/M4. But I wouldn't rule it out in the future, as others have said maybe it will be a 2-3 year offering at the end of the new cars life cycle, very limited production type thing... Which also probably means no M2 GC which I was looking forward to.
No there is room for a BMW M2, the recent arrivals of the Audi A3 Sedan and Mercedes CLA have not exactly set the automotive world on fire with their attributes, I drove a CLA and it was crap to drive, you might get style and a nice interior but this segment is becoming essentially what the 3er defined .
BMW may be late to the party but when they arrive they will not add extra entertainment but they intend to crash the party by bringing exactly what is expected in this segment. The 2er Gran Coupe will be RWD with optional xDrive so they know exactly what customer they are aiming for.

M2 will be the flagship and the pinnacle it will again be that entry point to the M Division. One thing is abundantly clear and that is the M235i with its optional M Performance accessories which add extra dimension to the sportier look of the M235i with swathes of CFRP and aero appendages. Will not be a poor relative.
You sound confident Scott.. Moreso than Dr N in the latest interview.

Any confidence on an M Performance 3 or 4 series model (for those of us whom cannot justify a company M3 or aftermarket bits for a 335i)?
Appreciate 0