Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Maybe you should watch a couple M135i reviews. All around a better car than the 135i and 135is.
firstly, the F20/F22 is not a 'brand new' car; it's a reworking of the existing E8X platform, still derived from the old chassis (derived from the E9X). Most of the tangible 'differences' it has are primarily technological. 8 speed ZF auto (SKIP). Electronic steering (SKIP!!). artificial exhaust sounds (SKIP!). same e-diff in the back. Sure these things may improve lap times and tech specs (primarily transmission will), but i have no interest in them. Will the M235i be basically that car? who knows...but i wasn't too impressed with the direction the M135i went in.

'better' is such a relative term. it's sort of like those who said an E36 3-series is better than an E30 3-series...in objective terms, maybe...but subjectively, well that will be an argument for sure!

i'm not going to come across as a 'hater' or anything....because i really hope the M235i will be a great car. I just picked up my 135is 2+ weeks ago----after deciding i didn't want the current electronic-revolution going on in the BMW lineup, that's all!

Last edited by IEDEI; 10-07-2013 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 0