View Single Post
      04-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #44
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
That makes sense. Thanks. I ordered from a very large dealership. Hopefully it won't be too long then.
If they're a large dealer, ask them to try and get one from regional. Basically what they can do is trade allocation with another dealer that has one that can be modified. That's what my dealer did.

Here's what happened to me... I ordered and dealer said if he didn't have allocation, he would get one. I called and asked for a production number for tracking and was told BMW wouldn't not allow modification or take any orders till April 1 for 230i verts. I took the ordering managers word.. But I happened to stop at a different dealer to just see a 240i Vert. When I told them I had order and the issue I was having, they checked their system and told me BMW was taking orders/modifications and they had allocation.

Next day, I was at my dealership... Sat there while the ordering manager looked in his system for allocation then watched him make the call to the other dealership to trade. They ended up trading an X5 allocation to get me my 230i..

Ask your dealer to do a search for allocation with another dealer while you watch. If there truly is none, you'll have to wait.. if there is, ask them to call and do a trade..

Good Luck!