View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #114
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasedow30 View Post
Sport oriented and competitive? Really? To what? No one is trading their vans, which can seat 8, for a premium priced AT that can barely seat 5.

Re: the m135i - You can save the hyperbole. It's quite clear there is a market for a hatch. VW gets it.

This post says everything you need to know about BMW's delusional vision and the direction of the brand.
Once again take off the American sunglasses and look at Europe and Asia and the growth of crossovers and future projection of growth.
Active Tourer is the right concept at the right time for growth.

VW gets it because it is assembled in Mexico. Not Germany. When you add up all production , export costs etc it is not feasible for a company like BMW to chase 5 sales.

One thing I must defend is that BMW are in no way delusional. There are one of a few car companies that can embrace change and progress yet completely stand still on their philosophy.

A BMW will always showcase it philosophy but in an ever changing customer environment it has to be competitive and rely on its attributes and strengths to deliver a car that has more than the sum of its parts.

And rely less on Patriotism.