03-02-2019, 10:52 AM   #9
AndDown
Just Copacetic!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F22 230i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
I find the clunkiness of most manufacturers mechanical indicator stalks to be quite crude and variable in the way they cancel. I far prefer the smooth and effective cancelling operation of the BMW electronic indicator stalks. They just need a minimal touch and have great weighted feedback that easily selects between lane change and turn initiation, to me it is a pity that what I feel is a superior design is being ditched because it is different from the norm - all depends on personal preference.

One of the other differences that they had for a long time was the window switches near the gear lever, much more efficient when opening a window at a car park when driving a manual transmission, as you don’t have to swap hands on the steering wheel between operating the gear lever and window switches as you approach or pull away from the barrier.
Totally agree with the electronic turn signal stalk. Coming from the 2001 X5 and 2003 E46, there was a very slight learning curve with the newer models, but I've adapted and actually like it. I do miss having the window switches near the gear lever like my E46 as it was always easier to activate taking my hands off the manual gear shifter to the switches.
Appreciate 0