View Single Post
      05-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #10
FunRevn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

I have driven both cars. Unfortunately not back to back. But within a week or so of one another. I am also contemplating which to get. The 435 has a nicer interior for sure, especially now that Black /Oyster is available. The instrument cluster is nicer and so is the Sound system, and if your into HUD thats available too.

Initial impressions were that the M235 feels more intimate and I love the mic'ed in engine noise and the fact that it has all the goodies already in place for the sport oriented driver. For example Michelin PSS non RFT, the MPPK as well as the DHP system. Don't you love all the acronyms.

Each time I drive the 435 I would feel that somehow the eDiff has been tuned to actually work the way you would think it should. That I can always rotate the 435 easier. But not with the M235. Maybe with the M235, the limits are just higher than I can easily acheive on the street? The 435 is definitely a bigger car and it in some situations feels it, but it is still very tossable.

I would love to compare a 435 Msport with PPK, DHP, Msport Brakes and possibly MPE to see if I can create my own M-Performance M435. And drive it back to back with the M235. I have a strong feeling they would be very similar in overall pace.

The only thing missing would be the Michelin PSS and that could be added later. The weight diff is only 80 Lbs.

Would it then be as fun to drive as the M235? If so, you would then get the better interior, sound system 19in wheels and in my opinion the cars looks better. The only major drawback is the car is larger but still very planted and has very little body roll.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0