03-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #21
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I don't agree. I understand why you would want this standard because it's a helpful aid that would actually be used with daily driving but personally, being aware of your surroundings and checking all mirrors is what you should be doing anyway. I'm not saying I'm a perfect driver but I don't need an aid for something I should be checking anyway. Now if adding something like this drastically lowers insurance rates, hey I'm all for it but if it's a minor adjustment, I rather have less technology and be responsible as a driver which you should be anyway. It should be standard as you work your way up to a 5-Series and higher because you're buying the car for the bells and whistles but in something like a 4-Series or lower, keep it as an option.
Well thank you for being a great driver, but you unfortunately make only 0.0000000001% difference. The other drivers who have no clue how to set their mirrors and routinely fail to check their blind spot before turning...those people cause accidents. As an auto manufacturer that I am supporting with my $50k investment, I would like them to up the status quo by providing this as standard. It is a minor investment in providing the world with safer vehicles.
Appreciate 0