View Single Post
      01-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #35
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
One of the best uses of the "sun" roof has nothing at all to do with sun, but rather its ability to cool (and keep cooler) via venting. Since heat rises, the best venting is at the roof. In any hot climate, having the sunroof cracked open to its vent position, especially when parked outdoors, makes a whopping difference in the cabin temperature and comfort.
You can just as simply crack the side windows slightly as well to vent the air. Also, tinting the windows and using a reflective dash board sunshade go a very long way. It gets into the upper 90s and low 100s in Kansas City and my 35% legal tint M235 with a sunshade does not get overly hot inside after baking in the direct sun at work for 8 hours. That's with no moonroof and the no windows cracked. As I'm walking to the car, I hold down the unlock button and the windows go down completely, venting all the built up hot air.