11-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #272
jackmcclane
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
And what if the 84% are offered a car which will not be just lighter , but more dynamic and powerful than a six cylinder?
A car that will live up to and outperform its predecessor which even in death its spirit lives on as mentioned in a review of the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG.

M2 is coming out at a very specific time.
BMW will be in full scale CFRP production which will be demonstrated with the all new 7er. So that further use can be applied to M cars in key specific areas. The 7er will use CFRP along with other lightweight metals in the heaviest areas of the chassis , CFRP will also feature on the body panels.

We also have to think about progress models of the forthcoming M3 and M4 which will progress the Carbon Count under CRT or CSL designations.

The next M5 will also be more Radical in the Carbon count more so than the regular 5er. But don't expect AWD. BMW M bosses have stated in the last few days due to rumours that they are not taking weight off to put it back on.

But a four cylinder sounds logical as BMW can also offer an X1M SAV in response to market demand.

Not everyone will be happy , that's the industry and I have been here long enough to know that if you are not happy there is another customer who will be happy.
I wanna know if the decision is already made or not, if yes why should we discuss about it, they won't change it anymore and if not:
I think the M2 won't get more CFRP parts than the M4, if it would get them and weighs much less, it will be faster or as fast as the M4 as well. The same situation as it would get a 6cyl. and less CFRP parts.

I also think all normal BMW models will get more and more CFRP parts starting with the 7 series, of course the most in the M models, but for the actual generation of the M2 we won't see more CFRP parts than in the upcoming M4.

And the generation after the upcoming series (starting with 7) probably could get a full CFRP body.
Appreciate 0