View Single Post
      05-28-2015, 11:14 AM   #16
Pyewacket69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon
I'm assuming if it's your first car you're under 20, have a very nice set of parents who are willing to take on the rest of your life debt while you put all of your money into a car.

Stop over reacting. It's a car, and it is going to get nicked, scratched, and bumped. Trading it in for a 235 would likely put you another $10k+ in the hole, which is pointless debt to have. And there's nothing to say your sister won't back into that one in another 6 months or have it wrapped around a tree if it's your first car. (I can not imagine handling 320hp responsibly at that age).

My first car was a 1989 Chrysler New Yorker. You should fix the door, thank your parents, and remember in 6 months when you're recovering from another accident that you have a lot to learn.

/damn kids
Ditto to the max!

I remember the first car I purchased new. Not long after, I was rear-ended. I'll always remember what my dad said..."They make 1000's of cars in Detroit, but they only made one of you". A bit dated now, but the meaning is still clear.

I got it repaired at a quality shop, and got well over 125K miles out of it. Cosmetic damage is easy to deal with, frame and suspension damage is a bit tougher.

And, about the girl previously with 20 other guys... A fellow could have some really good times with a girl like that. Experience can add a lot...
Appreciate 3