Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
I got it on my last track day when I was below 1/4 tank of gas coming out of a right hander. I think it's because of fuel starvation during high G cornering. I've had this issue on my last 3 cars. The Evo X was the worst. Had to keep it above 3/4 tank on left hand sweepers. One of the reasons I sold the car.

My nismo 370z had the same issue. Ended up running two fuel pumps to fix it. One on each side of the tank.

Fuel-it just released a solution with a bigger fuel filter that reaches to the corners of the fuel tank. Not for N55 Fseries yet though. No reason to drop the tank for any of the pump work. http://www.fuel-it.biz/e-series-135i...-lpfp-upgrade/
Your right about the tank, no need to drop. We use similar fuel pickups in endurance race cars in chump, they work pretty well, an extra gallons of fuel gos a long way in 24 hour race for less pits. Starvation at 3/4 a tank, you would need to bring 30 gallons to a track day and fill up every 15 minutes!
Yup, basically had to fill up after each half session on CCW road courses. Everyone thought it was a tuning issue at first.

You can see it here starting at lap four coming onto the front straight.

Appreciate 0