View Single Post
      10-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #29
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Do what I did and buy something cheap, practical, and safe for the baby so you can free up all your funds for a separate weekend/track/hobby car. I sold my 2016 WRX and went and bought a used 2012 Volvo XC70 for $8500 cash. It's a 1-owner, well maintained, high-mileage example from little old lady who commuted to work every day on the interstate. Works beautifully for my family's needs, and honestly, it's such a great vehicle that I will definitely be buying another Volvo for my next new DD purchase when this one is driven into the ground. The real benefit of going this route is that I can now afford the m240i I just ordered.

On a side note, it sounds like you are in for a serious dose of reality once that baby arrives! Haha... your life as you know it is over. Mine ended 10 months ago when my son's began! Think changing loaded diapers on your back bench seat, mixing formula and feeding in the back seat, baby puking and choking while rear-facing so you have to get back there and get him out ASAP, etc. etc. The horrifying, heart-jolting, head-pounding, stressful as S@!# experiences are literally non-stop for at least the 1st year. You'd be screwing yourself hardcore if you try to get away with a 2+2 coupe as your only car.

Best of luck, my friend! Be sure to enjoy the good times along with the bad!

Cheers,

CP911
Appreciate 0