View Single Post
      08-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #18
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz31 View Post
When you start to consider where the prices on used M cars are, or even used caymans, which are by all accounts better driving cars - it makes you wonder if you would have liked something else a little more.
I know I'd be REALLY happen with a Cayman S or a 911 and that will come in due time, but I have a family, thus I need a hella fun car to drive while being able to cart them around for sub 1 hour drive in relative comfort. I know I could have gotten a used 911 or M car for $47K I spent on my new M235, but I wanted new and I'd never consider buying a used BMW of any type, especially an M car. Honestly, I'd never consider buying anything beyond a 2 series. Just too much risk IMO with all the tech BMW tends to employ in the high end models. I keep my cars for extended periods and BMWs are known to be maintenance hogs. Then there's the M cars. Add 30% for EVERYTHING. LOL.

If it's any consolation, the M235 performs as good and in many cases better, than the holy grail of M cars. The E46 M3. Good enough for me.
Appreciate 1
crbalch472.50