View Single Post
      01-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #73
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberspeed View Post
I completely understand as a local Miami boy the appeal of having the top of the line of anything. That said l, admittedly I'm rather certain I'm in the lower percentiles, some of us do prefer the smaller engine! I think they're both great vehicles and I'm going for the four banger turbo because I want to, not because it's not a fiscally available option. Being a fellow South Floridian, how many red light tickets have you gotten in the past year? Regardless, enjoy your ride, I hope to do the same
I wouldn't say the m235 is top of the line by any means its just a great car and I am no badge snob, I legitimately consider the m235 to be a good value. You are the first person to consider the 235 top of the line as most are focused on the fact that "its not a real M car" or "it should be an is". The point I was trying to make is that if you are already concerned with tuning the car before you even take delivery, it seems that the m235 would be a better choice unless money is a factor. So I am completely aware that the N20? is more than a capable engine. The fact is, however, if you are so concerned with performance you would probably end up spending close to the same money for a less powerful 228 as on a 235 with more power and more potential.
I love the look of the car so understand why others would want to own it who do not care about performance. That is a very good reason to purchase the 228 even if you have the money. I'm not buying the argument that so many prefer the smaller very similiarly configured engine.
All that aside I consider myself lucky to have received only one red light ticket in the past year, I have received these in other states and was shocked at the 150 fine.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 0