06-10-2016, 05:44 AM   #82
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
I did the 1-day M-performance school last fall - the waiver was presented (on an iPad) prior to the start of class. I wonder if a student were to refuse to sign if you'd be entitled to a refund?
I received an email reminder for my registered event and there was a link in the email to read the waiver. They were very understanding of my objections and refunded without protest. If your first opportunity to read it were the day of the event, I would expect they would do the same. If they gave you access to the waiver beforehand and you didn't read it, I would expect more of a struggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zosoboogie View Post
I buy HPDE trackday insurance through Lockton mostly for track days at Sebring

http://locktonmotorsports.com/event/...8c49dfa27/9212
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Lockton only provides insurance to people using their own car. Is anyone aware of a provider that insures you when using event-provided cars instead of your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N & M View Post
Isn't amazing that no one from the manufacturer or driving school side has come forward to state a clear message or comment about this matter?
If you look at the waiver (a link to which I included in post 33) you'll see there isn't much that needs clarification. If you sign the waiver, you acknowledge you are responsible for damage and have insurance coverage. The fact they haven't held people responsible doesn't change the clear legal document you sign. So it is a participant judgment - don't sign / don't participate or sign / rely on low probability of an accident or being held responsible in an accident.