03-18-2015, 01:31 AM   #4
dorsetred
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 218D M Sport Active Tourer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDowson View Post
Does anyone know why I can't have the following options when ordering a 220d X-Drive M Sport Active Tourer?:

- Front parking sensors
- Driver comfort package
Prior to ordering our 218d M Sport I'd queried this and received this response from BMW UK: -

Thank you for your online communication dated October 11, 2014. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment that front parking sensors are not an available option for your new BMW 218d M Sport.

I can advise that the M Sport bumper is not compatible with front PDC as it would provide an inaccurate reading.

Once again, thank you for contacting BMW UK and I am sorry for any disappointment caused.

Yours sincerely

BMW UK
Stacey Owen
Customer Service Executive

B/
This option is currently only available on a Sport, SE or Luxury – It is not available as the front PDC is incompatible with the M Sport bumper which will give an inaccurate reading

Also this from my local dealer: - The system is currently being tested with probable production around March 2015, in relation to a retrofit this is still pending as a result of the current testing underway.

Subsequently I've received confirmation yesterday still no availability but watch this space.

Allan
Appreciate 0