View Single Post
      10-22-2016, 10:18 AM   #22
kevlac
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
Looking at a m235i xdrive convertible. I am seeing a few 2016 m235i xdrive convertible on dealer lots that have been sitting for >8 months. I know the convertible market is a niche market, likewise most 2 driver likely want hardtop and RWD opposed to xdrive. Any other reason they would be sitting on dealer lots? Havent read about any issues.

I see you are in Jersey. I suspect people want a tad more practicality as the Jersey climate limits the amount of time you can enjoy the top down.

That being said, I purchased a 228i Convertible this April and have loved every second of it. I'm in Michigan with a similar climate. I have hardly put the top up.
With the wind deflector and awesome heater, you can have the top down more than you think. I will say that the cabin is impressively quiet with the top up.

If you are debating it, don't hesitate. I'm sure you can get a great deal. I did! It is true, the convertibles don't sell as well. Use that data and take advantage of it when dealing! Winter is on its way and they will want to move it off their lot.

I suspect the re-sale value of a convertible will be higher than the same model hardtop. You can probably get more off now and get more for it later. Win-win.

Plus, the class factor increases. I can't tell you how many compliments I get with the the top down. I have always been the guy to get the faster hardtop version of cars. I have never wanted a convertible. Now, I don't know if I ever want a hardtop again!

Last edited by kevlac; 10-22-2016 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 1