View Single Post
      07-25-2014, 07:34 AM   #35
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_128i View Post
EG2322, Thank you for sharing the differences in the interior! I actually like the 2-series interior better and love the extra silver on the steering wheel to brighten it up. I love how the CD now says Media. I really like the bigger knob on the idrive system and the way the screen looks. The Sport Versus Eco Pro technology is going to be fun to try. I like the two front cup holders.

I can see why you will miss the ///M on the steering wheel but the additional silver trim will make up for it. Thank you so much for sharing!
You and I have similar tastes. I like the silver on the 2 wheel as well. It is not a beefy steering wheel, but it still feels good in the hands. The new M steering wheel is nicer, but it does kind of remind me of a mustang steering wheel. From the pics the 1 series seats look more supple, which probably means they are softer and don't hold up as well. I like the larger knob and the wood trim on the 2, the less plastic the better. There is enough already. If you are like most, the ECO Pro is something you will try...ONCE. I swear it is like they take a spark plug wire off in that mode. It is just a dog! But you will save fuel...just like you would if you were riding a Bicycle. I prefer the leather boot on the shifter from the steptronic on his, even though I do not use the paddle shifters. I prefer shifting with the regular shifter if I am inclined to shift myself. Once mine is broken in I probably will more so I can wind out the gears the way I like.

Last edited by sstarrx3; 07-25-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Appreciate 0