10-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #55
havinfun
Private
Rep
Drives: m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrazVT View Post
havinfun

Beautiful car! I'm thinking of ordering a 2018 M240i 6MT (blue as well) too. How's the interior quality / materials? I saw that they've refreshed the design of the interior.
There are pros and cons with the 2018 model some of which I have mentioned in other posts. Also pros and cons carried forward from 2017.

First the cons: the redesign of the front dash trim is a step backward from last year. The panel surrounding the head unit and heater controls dies to the right without marrying well with the right vent. A second grader could have done a better design aesthetically. Storage in the console area is very limited. The console itself is very shallow. The small storage bin in front of the cup holders was eliminated in 2018 to provide a sliding cover for the cup holders. Why? There is no convenient place to store sun glasses, a cell phone, or my multiple car/house keys that won't slide around in hard cornering. (I mounted a small storage pouch in front of the cup holders to solve this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). The quality of the leather seat material after 1200 miles seems good (but a little stiff), but I have seen complaints of leather peeling off of the backing material on the driver's headrest. I don't have that issue (yet). And finally, the sun visors have no extension to block the rays when turned to shade the side windows. I fixed that with a set of VisorMates which also cover the silly OEM warning stickers on the visors.

Pros: The redesigned dash is a soft, good looking material with contrasting stitching. I like it. The seats are VERY comfortable and also have contrasting stitching for 2018. I was pleased to find the door pockets long enough to be a convenient spot to store a small folding umbrella (a nice BMW gift). The 2018 model offers Fineline Pure Wood Trim (non glossy) which looks great with the Oyster Dakota Leather seats.

Overall, I like the interior and for me, the nice "wood" trim cancels out the silly dash design. With my speaker mods, resonator delete, and exterior cosmetic adders, I love this car.
Appreciate 0