10-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #74
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Yet ///M claims that the M235i is quicker around the Ring. You are making it sound like it's a Dodge Ram vs a Lotus Elise. Does it have all the toys the 1M have? No. But still, like Clarkson said: Straight 6 engine at the front, manual gearbox in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page 1, chapter 1 of the petro-sexual handbook.

The M135i has been praised by many journalists. Don't see why the M235i shouldn't do the same while looking 10x better.
People are adverse to change, especially if they own an outgoing model, so don't get too upset at people's comments. Here is how a typical BMW new product release goes on most forums...

Rumors - Oh man, this thing is going to be great, but I just bought my (insert previous model here)
Spy Pics - Oh man, this thing looks so ugly and is so much uglier that my (insert previous model of whatever the spy pics are of)
Official Pics - Looks nice, but is still way less awesome than my (insert previous model of whatever the official pics are of), I got the last TRUE BMW EVAR!
Official Release - Looks a lot better than I thought it would, I might consider upgrading when my lease is up
Official Reviews - Wow, this new model is so amazing, all of the reviewers love it, I'm definitely getting one when my lease is up

I agree with you, the M135i has returned RAVE reviews, the M235i will be the same car underneath with different clothing. Hope they make an M235i Gran Coupe, could quite possibly be my next BMW if I don't buy a BMW SAV/SAC instead.

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0