View Single Post
      02-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #132
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Priorities? Care to explain why someone who can afford an M3/M4 decides to go with the M235i?

Not trying to bash the M235i because I have one on order. I know it's going to be a fantastic car, but if I could afford an M3, I would be all over it. Not only does it have more leg room but it's going to have a substantial performance advantage over the M235i, from what I can see so far.

I just don't see the logic in your statement, sorry
Honestly, this shouldn't be hard to concept to understand. You buy/lease the item that you want that's within your price range. I'm sure there are going to be people that get a M235i that could afford a significantly more expensive car. Similarly, there are going to be people that get the M3/M4 that could afford a M5/M6. It all comes down to personal priorities. As far as I'm aware, there is no rule that says one needs to spend the maximum amount of money possible within their budget to maximize automotive performance.

Not saying I would turn down a M3/M4, but I can think of plenty of things that I would/could spend money on that isn't a car.

With that said congrats on having one on order. It's likely the car I will get next, once my lease is up.
Appreciate 0