View Single Post
      02-18-2014, 06:24 PM   #123
2ForMe
Private
Rep
Drives: 235 maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrybears View Post
Great stuff here, I am very close to ordering one myself. I am torn between the 228 and the 335 but hoping to test drive them within the next week or two. One thing that will be difficult to test is a manual tranny. I know they are not as fast or efficient, but they are for the most part so much more enjoyable and that weighs more to me than 0-60 times. I have been an Audi guy in the past, currently driving a 2011 A5 with a 6 speed. I love how that car shifts and the only experience I have had with a BMW was a 2009 M Coupe my brother owned. The 6 speed on that vehicle seemed rough, clunky, slow, and required effort to pull through the gates. Hoping that was the exception and not the rule with BMW manual transmissions?
I hope not. I also demanded a manual tranny and would rather sacrifice 0-60 to have total control of my car. If I wanted an automatic I'd buy a sedan. 235i is a performance vehicle. Automatics just get boring to drive after a while. Dealer told me I was their first customer so far to request a manual tranny in my build...and they're trying to punish me for that. Ridiculous
Appreciate 0