View Single Post
      09-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #31
USPSALIMITED
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Fusion

"As I said in my original review, the M235 "felt" bigger to me after just a few days of ownership. That feeling was exacerbated and much more prominent yesterday after getting back into the E82.

Additionally, and worse than my original impression in March, the M235 felt squishy and somewhat lazy in comparison to the N54 135. The E82 just feels more "urgent" in every way. The steering is tighter. The car feels more compact. The engine felt like it revved more quickly and had a better throttle response. "

Hmmm.
Very interesting comparison. Seems like bigger is bigger and whether that is good or bad is more of a personal preference thing and maybe more of a driving style today thing.

The other issues make me wonder if a bit of parts swapping could bring the car more in line with what the o.p. is missing. Springs & tires for a more solid & connected feel, a bit of mapping / breathing work to make the engine feel a bit more angry.

It would be interesting to have a couple folks who have done a bit of tweaking chime in on how or whether it effects the character/feel of the car.
Appreciate 0