View Single Post
      05-26-2016, 10:13 AM   #5
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

A very personal choice, depending solely on your preferences. In your situation I would (again) choose the 228i, however, I must admit the entire issue of exhaust sound is unimportant to me. The radio is on. While some live the "more is always better" life, I have never been in a situation where the power of 228i didn't do what I wanted, returning to the key question of "what do you want"? For me, the balance of that engine with the Track Handling Package is an overall sweet spot...that sense when the entire "system" of an automobile harmonizes.

BTW, our other car is a 2016 version of your Audi....3.0 Quattro with supercharger. I know exactly what you mean...we have to remain vigilant to "under-drive", so as not to find ourselves unexpectedly approaching triple digits. It's a nice car, but not a fun car, despite the power.

Although economics are not a factor for me, maybe shy of spending six figures, I still can't escape early lessons that $5,500 is not "only" when I think of what else I could do with it.

Good luck with your decision!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0