View Single Post
      01-16-2018, 07:39 AM   #18
emtrey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M235IX, 06 Carrera S, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHeinz View Post
I just went with these on my M240Xi. Car came with the pirelli run flats. They were a poor excuse for a tire. Great security if that's what you're going for, but handling in any scenario was just ok at best. The AS3+ is a phenomenal tire. I've had other iterations of the tire on my 335i and Audi S4 I used to own. Never regretted Michelin's for a second. Finally got a bit of snow in the DC area last week. Man, did she do well with these tires on.

I picked my 16 M235IX on 11/21/17 so the weather in Midwest has not allowed for too many handling/tire tests. Really not needed since I hate all runflats and have taken them off 2 Minis and our 335i ( now MPSS and Mich. Ice3 in winter) within first 10K miles.

RFs and elec. steering are the 2 worst things that have happened to modern performance cars ( BMW in particular) IMHO. Getting "real" tires is easy, fixing the steering feel, not so easy.

The steering on the 235 is the only thing I can place in the debit column. Hoping the Michelins help a little there.

Having once owned a performance car without power steering and now the 06 911 with great hydraulic steering, I am very unhappy with the trend to EPS. Hopefully they will figure out a way to regain real steering feel but I have yet to feel hydraulic like steering even in current (991 series) Porsches.
Appreciate 0