Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
Love those replicas! I still may end up getting a set next Spring. They look really badass on the 2 series. Saw your other thread about the small manufacturing defects. Bummer! Still, who's going to see them any closer than 5 feet anyway, right? Definitely going to have to watch those curbs! I've got rash on my Audi wheels and those actually had some poke. Didn't quite save them on that one fatal evening... Can't wait to hear what you have to say after they're mounted and spinnin'! A lot more rubber on the ground than my skinny 405s.

I pick it up Wednesday evening, so can't say how I like it quite yet. I'm going to try to get it into the auto-glass shop Thursday morning to get the tinting done. I'll find out tomorrow morning if I can make that happen. Then I'll get more pics of the "final" setup. The final setup for now, that is.

This weekend, I think I'm doing a road trip along the Rhine. I'll get some decent miles on the Autobahn and some back roads to get some varied speeds and some light engine braking in. That should help seal the pistons and all that jazz, and give me some good time to get to know the beast. And of course, the scenery is not so bad either!! Haha! Love living in Germany!
Thanks, I like the replicas regardless, sucks for the few defects, but they're still going on the car because it'd be to expensive to send them back and still be out on wheels. They don't look bad from a distance and most people wont be looking at them up close I suppose. I haven't hit any curbs here yet (knock on wood) so I'm hoping to keep that going. From what I've heard on here regarding the 235/265 setup people really like the extra grip feel. When I test drove the 235 before placing the 240 order, I thought it felt nice and planted to begin with. Not sure if I'm going to switch the wheels right away or if I'm going to run the PSS the first 500 miles so that they are kind of broke in when I go to the ring.

Who're you going through for tinting and are you gonna go all windows or just the legal backs? I'm debating if I'm going to get a nano film for the front or not. It'd be nice to keep the bug guts from eating the paint. Our black avenger shows the little spots and it sucks >.<

The scenery here is beautiful and it's everywhere when on the road. Definitely gonna miss it when we go back to the states. I was thinking about doing a small road trip as well once we get the car, so I'm gonna have to make sure I have my class work done for the week so my wife and I have the weekend free for a few hours of driving. Maybe we'll go see some more castles or something (haven't been to one in over a year). Be nice to go see the bmw museum, might need to pack up the pups for the weekend with the wife and stay down there or something.
Appreciate 0