Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
Awesome!!! Exciting, bro!!

I'm going to be lucky if I get mine by the end of next week. Apparently, the guy who normally installs the MP parts just got promoted and they haven't hired anyone to backfill his position (+1 to management-level planning), so what's going to happen there is up in the air. And the guy who is painting my front lip and diffuser just picked it up today! on Thursday! when he was supposed to pick it up Monday and have it done by now! I'm cool. Whatever. The guys who could install the MP parts (I'm not sure who that is since that one guy who was going to do it just got promoted) won't touch the car until the painted parts come back finished. Why? IDK. What do the painted parts have to do with all the other things they could be doing to my car to get it ready, like take it out of transport mode, install the other MP parts, etc.? No answer. Hell, I offered to just install all the parts myself, no prob, but they insisted they'd get it done. I mean, the reason I'm letting them install the parts in the first place is only because I was reasoning that the person installing the parts had the experience of doing it many times before so that they'd do a better job than I would. If some newbie shows up installing this shit and does a half-assed job, I'm not going to be happy, and I won't let that slide!

So, mine is just sitting there. It's been a week now at the dealer and they've literally done nothing to it at all, but let it sit out in the rain. I'm a fairly patient person, but I'm also now paying for a car I can't drive, and I have to wait to pick it up before I can sell my current car that I'm still paying for, and there's no concrete plan of forward momentum on any of this happening in any sort of defined timeframe.

While I'm hopeful, I'm not terribly happy with how things are currently playing out. I hope the issues that are up in the air right now get clarified soon. I'd like to recommend the dealer and my experience with them to others in the future. But what started as a great experience is starting to tip in the opposite direction.
Ouch sorry for the shit show you're getting Are you going with Herzburg to get the parts painted? I dropped off the tow hook cover to them to color match yesterday morning. They said should be done by Monday or Tuesday (just the front lip and splitters) so not sure how long yours will take, but I'd assume around there as well if you went with them.

I was a little upset about it sitting in the waiting lot as well, and they have it backed up near the fence by McDonalds with the bushes there (wife was upset and said there better not be any scratches). It's just a week or 2, not to bad for sitting in the weather when it will do the same thing for the rest of it's life. As long as the car is properly washed/waxed, it won't dull the paint at all. It does suck paying on it when it's just sitting there, but patience is a virtue and I'm hoping that this wait will pay off somewhere else.

Any work I don't have to do myself sounds good to me. And like you said, it'd be nice to have an experience person installing it, but if the nub does a crappy job, you point it out to them and they will fix it. The front of our car has bugs all on the front (assuming it was up top and in the front on the truck) and we pointed it out to our SA and he said it will all be cleaned and shiny when we pick it up. If it's not and there's any scratches or blemishes, I'll leave it with them to do the job right.

My SA told me the garage processes about 30-40 jobs each day, with only 8 bays (I think that's how many bays he said) so they're pretty busy on a daily basis. He said he is going to schedule my car to be prepped for delivery and the parts installed for next week around the time the lip comes back from paint so that way it's not being held up any longer than it needs to be.

I understand your frustrations with everything and I hope things work out for the better for you. I'd expect some hiccups when ordering a new car from the factory that just arrived (like timing issues, car a little dirty from transport, etc.) because it's not like in the states where usually you just walk on the lot and walk off with a car that has had 25+ days sitting there to be detailed and prepped for sale.

Last edited by Joe240; 09-16-2016 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0