09-13-2016, 11:47 PM   #3
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadify View Post
Maybe I'm mistaken but either that is an M3/4 hood on a non-M3/4 OR he is trying to trade in an M3/4 for an RS. If that is an M3/4 then my question is why... trade it in for a POS ford? And if it isn't an M3/4 then he also upgraded the hood on a leased car xD
I've been guilty of modding leases too, and feeling a bit foolish but a lot of people see the concept of "ownership" as purely theoretical; buy or lease, you have a car, you make monthly payments...and wouldn't that exhaust sound good...?

The RS, well, there's not been as well reviewed a car all year except for the M2 and RSes are going for silly amounts of money over MSRP. Again, I think it's about impulse control; can I really resist something this shiny when I want it this much?

I'm glad I bought my 228i; unlike the M235i, if you want it to behave like a real performance car, you probably have to tune it and mod the suspension and I would have felt a little silly to have done all that to a lease.

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 0