09-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsiaKid View Post
Hiya,
First time on the 2forums..was previously over at the z4(35is) and f10 forums.

I have a dilemma here in HK.. I called BMW to put a deposit on the M2 and they told me its (converted to USD) about 12,500 non refundable deposit and only refundable if the car costs more than 125,000 USD.

I actually have a GTR but my wife might need to drive this car and the GTR is a big big...so..this is what I am thinking..

Used m235i 58K USD (I assume approximate install costs)
KW DDC + HR 3k
Manhart Widebody 5k
Wheels (not important because would be on both cars)
ER FMIC, DP (catted for my baby),CP 2.5K
Sway+Springs 1k
EBC Pads + New discs 1K
JB4 .5K
LSD 3K
Pure Stage 1 or 2 (not sure..wanna make sure i can use it on track..not just short drags)...so another 2-3K

So my total price comes to <80K USD for a used ..but pretty much fully modded M235i.....or 110K (I think that will be about the approx price).

I want to use this as a DD but i can take to trackdays all the time..my only concern with the turbo mods is that I think it will overheat on prolonged runs..so need to look more into that

what;s your thoughts on this...? I am genuinely confused..as I think the main concern is that noone knows the actual difference between M2 and 235 ..if its S55 vs n55..if the chassis is different and can't be bought..then its a big deal..i actually dun mind too much the resale...but more sheer performance (not just raw HP but also handling)

the dealer also told me that the approximate wait time would be about no later than 3q 2016..which mean i can expect it in 4q 2016 or 1q 2017 knowing the reliability of dealers in general
Search on this forum. M2 has M LSD, and M3/M4 suspension and subframe. Hence the width. As far as N55, its a N55B30TO. Now what exactly has been done, is anybody's guess. But there are some clues that someone on here has found out.
Appreciate 0