05-06-2014, 05:50 AM   #135
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
Does the reliable 360hp of N55 applies to the internal engine components or just to the turbo???
I just found odd that BMW would sell a car with a engine only 12% left from its internal limits. I know that this car propose is to be spanked at track and need higher levels of reliability but for a street daily basis i bet that you can achieve similar results with the same bolt ons (turbo, intercooler, exhaust and ecu) and last forever with a proper maintaince and driver care.
Don't you find it odd that BMW would go thru the EXPENSE of having TWO engine lines that produce two such similar engines in the same factory: N54 with 345 PS and N55 with 300(or320)PS. That costs bmw a lot of money for such a small difference in power outputs. Why would they do that?

So there MUST be a reason. The reason is the internal engine parts are not up to the task on the N55 vs the N54 power levels.

Also... we all know these engines are under rated in HP(PS) - but that is getting OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
Do you know if those 700ps 1M's has single turbo conversion? Or what is the brand of the dual turbos? Loba?
I just was driven in their 1M on the Nordschleife. It was AMAZING. It absolutely "killed" every car out there. Porsche's/Lambo's/Ferrari's you name it - it was toast. Their 1M had 600 HP not 700, my mistake. And it had two turbos, that are not OE. I will (hopefully) do an in depth story on their 1M packages. But for now that's the only info I can give you.

Dack
Appreciate 0