03-18-2024, 12:19 AM   #4
Jimbof22
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m240i F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftShoe View Post
Congrats!

Does it feel any different to you while driving (I’m hoping for an elaborate answer)?

Also, I’m surprised that 245 on 8.5 @38 fits well up front.
I wonder if that’s common for everyone here.

Thanks, I'll try my best to elaborate. Keep in mind the m240i came w runflats, 225 width tires. Previous car was a e90 330i w hydraulic steering, N52 engine, 6MT.

I didn't keep the runflats for long, but these continentals are much quieter.

The grip is excellent. Not sure how much of this is runflat/nonrunflat vs tire width (225 vs 245)?? I gave it a good shakedown down some twisty roads, so far so good.

Can't say there's any difference in steering feel. Hot take but the steering feels on the m240 isnt great but isn't terrible either. At city speeds it feels like a econobox, but gets better with speed.

I decided to go 245/35 because I hated how 225s looked on these wheels and wasn't convinced that 235/40s would look any better. Pleasantly surprised that there's no fitment issues stock.

Looks are subjective but I really like how the wheel/tires turned out. I was between the TA5R and the enkei raijin.

Only downside is my trunk is semi useless, a full size spare tire lives back there now (saved 1 runflat and put it on stock wheels).
Appreciate 1
SoftShoe157.50