01-26-2018, 02:46 AM   #23
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
4) Spring rates. I think the spring rates could be a bit higher, especially in the rear. The rates seem to be a bit at odds when the shocks are in Sport which is how I usually run the car. I have no desire to the lower the car (been there done that, way too many compromises). I'm really on the hunt for a set of higher rate springs that don't lower the car or only lower the car maybe 10mm at most. I really wish someone would make a performance set of springs that don't lower the car. Drop rarely = improved handling, especially in this car which is already pretty low and has decently sealed wheel gaps.
I went with M-P lowering kit; BMW say the drop is 10mm, and it indeed is after quite a long settling time. Anything lower than that and I'd start worrying for my M235i's belly being too low; we have had quite a snow fall last week and I was on a long business trip when it was still snowing, effectively preventing the road maintenance service to make even the highest priority roads snow-free for many hours! So I was snow-plowing with my car's front apron, and at quite a high speed too (on the autobahn)...

Another advantage of having chosen M-Performance lowering springs over the H&Rs (which I had also considered, with -15mm drop) is that I'm keeping my suspension warranty intact. Recommended!

Piotr
my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD
Appreciate 0